Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to 7 West

Kristen asked me to put up a quick post to let everyone know whats going on. I'm just getting bits and pieces from Brent, Kristen, and my Mom, but I think whats going on is...

ViviAnne was admitted to 7 West (Kosairs). She was looking really pale, had been coughing a lot, vomiting, and running high fevers. She had been fighting all this for a month now with antibiotics at home.

Her fever has broken but her lower left lung sounds diminished. They are concerned she is heading down the same road she was on last fall with the exception that they caught it much sooner this time.

I think her ANC was at 940 (which means she's neutrapenic) and her hemoglobin at 7.4, so she was given a blood transfusion. I think its going to be a kind of "wait and see" situation, so I'll update when I know more.

Aunt Stacey

3 comments:

KLB said...

Thanks for the post Stacey. Just to keep the info correct, her Hemoglobin is 7.4 not 740. Anything below 9 requires a transfusion and 12 is the cut off for "normal".
Mommy

s.d. said...

Changed it in the post:)

Brittney Brown said...

We are praying for her to feel better!!