Friday, March 26, 2010

HAPPY DAY!!

After two weeks of me being just a ball of anxious irritability today my feelings were relieved! We went to clinic to check if we could get ViviAnne to start responding to treatment again by a drastic increase in chemo and....SHE DID!!! The very minute Dr. Ayyanar said her ANC is 1700 I smiled so big and just wanted to jump up and down. I was so relieved and excited! She is responding to treatment!! Relapse averted!! YAY!! They are going to maintain this very HIGH dose of chemo as long as she tolerates it and IF she stops responding to it then we will just cross that bridge when/if we get there. I am not even thinking about that. I don't want to think about it. Today she is responding to treatment and her cancer is still being held at bay!!! YAY!!


Today is Brent's birthday and what a wonderful gift for him to have, a daughter who is staying in remission!?!?! So excited!

They are thinking she has asthma because the allergy medicine they put her on 2 weeks ago is not working at all! She has coughed and coughed for nearly 7 months and the only time she was ever under control was when she was on breathing treatments. I was against the asthma diagnosis months ago but now I am thinking that might really be it. She coughs all the time and if she gets upset she coughs so much she has a hard time catching her breathe. We go to the asthma doctor next week. They want to hold off as much as possible on any further X-Rays or C.T's because they do not want to further radiate her unless absolutely necessary. Which we appreciate.

So, today is a GREAT day. The sun is out and it is cold BUT I am on a high today. Which is good because I've been in a pit for 2 weeks!

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers over the past year and a half. And especially the past 2 weeks.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

higher Chemo and increased prayers! What an answered prayer!

Shannon Joe said...

Answered prayer.

Samaniego be strong & courageous said...

Prayers being sent your way. I know all to well the rollercoster you are riding on at this very moment and those very word you speak "Leukemia being held at bay".
I pray that treatment continue to move forward.
http://jacobshope.blogspot.com/

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacobshope