Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hospital update

Hospital update
This morning her Hemoglobin (HGB) has dropped AGAIN, 7.2 now, so they are going to transfuse her today. Her Platelets (PLT) have dropped too, 58 now, but they are border line transfusion. Yesterday they had stopped one of her oral lung meds. that can lower counts to see if that would stop her counts from dropping. It did not. And the medicine they gave her in place of the oral meds had to be inhaled and after the breathing treatment she passed out. It was scary for me and I am glad my Mom was here and I was not alone. ViviAnne came back around quickly and 3 nurses ran into the room to help her. Thankfully that treatment is only a once a month thing so she won't be doing it again this stay, if ever.

Flagyl is the med she is on for C. Differential and it tastes gross. And this morning she lost all the color in her face and started to shake real bad and then threw up, threw up all the meds too. So they may change to a different med because this is the second vomit. She HATES to vomit. Really, who likes that yuckiness?

I have not seen Dr. Ayyanar yet today so I will ask her what her take is on all of this. Is it all from the C. Differential? We know ViviAnne tested negative on her Coombs test and on her Hepatitis test so I just am curious on the Docs. take. I like Dr. Raj, he was the Doctor on all weekend and yesterday, and I do think he is a great Doctor I just have a bit better of a relationship with Dr. Ayyanar. We'll see.

Thanks for all the prayers.

1 comment:

sara said...

Oh, Kristen - I'm so sorry you all are going through this. As always, ViviAnne, you, Brent and little Cooper remain in our constant thoughts and prayers. If we can do anything to help out at all, please do not hesitate to ask.