Sunday, February 1, 2009

We have Power...
 
Like many other families in the Louisville area we were without power from early Wednesday morning until late Saturday afternoon. There are still many, many people without power so I feel fortunate that we have it back so soon. We bunked with my Mom who never lost power while Brent and his Dad ran a generator to keep Kim and Gary's house semi-comfortable. Their power came on last night too so we are all up and running. 
 
In the midst of all this freeze and no power ViviAnne went to clinic yet again Friday. (3 weeks in a row) This time her counts were GREAT! She looks good and has a bit of what is called "the 6MP rash". It is a little reaction from her chemo pill and is worse in the winter months. Moisturizer is the only thing that will help. It comes and goes like the wind and there is nothing to be conscerned about. Phew, another bullet dodged. She did get her Spinal Tap done with chemo into her spine on Friday. The fluid dripped out fine and looked clear. They ran I.V. fluids for about an hour prior to doing the tap to give her a little extra. She has a bad bruise from it now but I think everything is fine. 
 
She woke up from her sedation with her normal loving self. She kept hugging me and told me she loved me and even asked her famous question, "what's your name?" to the recovery nurse. Then all of the sudden when she was more coherent from the sedation she got angry. I mean screaming until red in the face fighting me angry. This can be a side effect of the sedation to make them cranky but this was a whole new level. One I hadn't seen from her since the very begining so I was conscerned. The nurses decided to wait on de-accessing her port until she calmed down. And about 30-45 minutes later it was like the switch flipped again. She and I were sitting on her bed playing finger puppets and she said she'd like to call the nurse to do her port now. So we did and the Debbie came in and de-accessed her port and ViviAnne said "that was fast". So, then we left. She took her signature nap in the car and for another hour there after and we were fine. 
 
Friday was also Cooper's 2nd birthday. I spent the remainder of the afternoon with just the two kids playing and hanging out but we did nothing for Cooper's birthday. No cake, no party, nothing. ViviAnne did tell the nurses it was Cooper's birthday and so someone from Child Life Services brought her 3 mini sport balls in a gift bag to give to Cooper from her. So she did and he loved them and she loved giving him the present, just from Sissy. But other than that his birthday just kinda came and went. He walks around and tells you "I 2!" with delight and so if there was a birthday to overlook, this is the one. We had not planned a party anyway, it was my fault the cake didn't happen and I do feel bad even though I know he has no idea. Next year, right? Happy Birthday, COOP!
 
Hope everyone is staying warm. 

No comments: