Saturday, February 28, 2009

Counts Update

I took ViviAnne to the pediatrician again this morning for a counts check and to make sure she is still recovering. Her cough is getting more and more spaced out and there is just a tiny bit of crackle in her lungs. Her ANC was 810 this morning. So the counts are coming up, VERY slowly but coming up none the less. She is pretty worn out. 2 hour naps everyday and still asleep by 8:30PM at the latest. And that is with her wanting to put her jammies on at 7PM. She just wears out. That too should pass with counts coming up and the RSV ending. Just in time to receive another round of steroids and IV push on the 13th. If it was like last month that will wipe her out too with more naps and early bed times. 

She is VERY irritable this week. I'm sure it is just the combination of hospital stay, 2 trips to the doctor and being sick AND low blood counts. Still, it is trying on our patience. Her tone and mouth are the worse! She isn't violent or anythng just incredibly sassy. I call her Judy Attitudy when she is like this. It is my one way of trying not to snap her head off! Sometimes I succeed and other times I don't.

As she was sitting on the floor crying today just from being overwhelmed and worn out she said to me, "I don't like 3!" and I replied, "That makes two of us honey!"

No comments: