Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Update from Daddy

Update from Daddy

Well it has been a week since our last update. I take the blame for that as it appears that I am the last one standing.

To recap:
2/19 Cooper – Pediatrician: RSV
2/22 Cooper – Hospital: Puncture Wound
2/23-2/26 ViviAnne - Hospital: Fevers & RSV
2/28 ViviAnne - Pediatrician: Counts
3/03 ViviAnne – Clinic: Counts to low No Treatment.
3/04 Kristen – Hospital: Broken Rib

Yes a broken rib! I swear God is looking down and cackling “Dance Monkey!!!”

She had been coughing for 4-5 weeks continually getting RSV I suppose (see above). Her side had been sore for a few days like a pulled muscle. Then Kristen called me at work muffled and crying “Can you come home...I coughed...something popped...I hit the floor and can't move.” I said “Maybe Later”...not really. I rushed home. Cooper met me at the top of the stairs naked from the waste down. ViviAnne said "Daddy hurry something popped out of Mommy." I find Kristen laying on her side positioned like the statue of liberty between the bed and the dresser. Her cell phone in her hand. Cooper's toy cellphone laying at her head. Evidently I missed a pretend 911 call from ViviAnne telling me that Mommy was down and I needed to come home right now. Followed by a “Yeah” “Okay” and “Don't worry Mommy daddy is on his way.” As I came around to her side I stepped into a pile of lotion in the carpet which brought to my attention that she was covered in lotion. All hell had evidently broken lose on my way home. Kristen couldn't move to fight them off. They doused her in lotion to help the pain, ViviAnne rushed and made a Get Well Card, Coop pee'd himself and even worse cleaned it up himself. It was like “Lord of the Flies” in my bedroom.

A very special thanks to Mom and Stacey for ridding us of kids for a few days so she could start to recover. Kristen is moving a round a bit better this week. I think she over did it today though. She looked to be in a lot of pain when I got home from work.

To say the least I'm walking on egg shells constantly wondering what is going to get me. Will it be one of the branches from the ice storm still dangerously looming at the top of the tree, or maybe something as random as a low flying bird, maybe bird-flu, or restless leg syndrome.

I'm due.

2 comments:

Mammaw Kitty said...

OMG Brent, Thank you! I needed that laugh. I'm sorry it was at Kristen's expense, but that was very funny!!!!

Thank you guys for all you are doing for Greg, Sheree & CJ. We love you very much!

Kitty

Anonymous said...

Oh that made me laugh. It's not funny! Really, it's not. OK, maybe just a little. Poor Kristen! I hope you feel better. I think God does this to us moms to force us to rest because we won't do it unless we are struck by the flu or worse.