Monday, March 16, 2009

8 months and 1 day

That is how long ago ViviAnne was diagnosed with ALL. I can't believe it has been that long. I can barely remember life before cancer. Cooper was only 17 months old when she was diagnosed and now he is full fledged 2. ViviAnne could not express to me exactly what hurt just that she hurt. Now she tells me, "my tummy hurts". MAN 8 months changes A LOT.

I thought back to when ViviAnne was 17 months old and a colic and reflux filled Cooper entered our lives. He never slept and rarely was calm. He remained like this for 6 months. So I barely remember ViviAnne changing from that sweet little 17 month old baby into a sassy strong willed 2 year old. It just happened. Now here I am again. I can not remember Cooper either from 17 months to 2 years old. ViviAnne was the demanding one this time. My hope is that one day I will lead a life where my entire family sleeps through the night all at one time. That both of my children will be healthy and active and I won't live in fear of germs, ports being damaged or strange bruises. Oh what a difference 8 months makes.

This weekend she did okay. Yesterday her eyes looked dark and she seemed a bit tired but she fought off a nap like a normal 3 year old. Today however she asked to take her nap at 12:30. Wanted jammies to be comfy in and everything. Those steroids and Vinchristine just knock her out for about 4-5 days. But at least she can get some rest. Her moods are not quite as bad this time. Well, the swings aren't as often I should say.

Spring is coming! I will be glad to let the kiddos ride their bikes and play outside. And so will they. ViviAnne has been telling everyone the past couple of days that, "this weather is crazy! It is supposed to be warm so we can play outside! Silly weather." Cooper made up a song. It is The Papa song. And well that is the whole song just sang at different intervals and pitches with arms stretched up to the sky. The boy LOVES his Papa. So at least there are some things to smile about. I'll take them when I can.

No comments: