Saturday, March 14, 2009

Counts are Up!


Written by Mommy

I took ViviAnne to the clinic on Friday morning to check counts and try to resume chemo. AND WE DID!!! Her counts were up to 1700 and she was looking good. She wakes up early on clinic days, just the anticipation of it I suppose. This clinic day she woke up at 4:30 AM! That is right 4:30 in the morning talking and ready to go. I of course was not soooo it made for a very long day!

She did wonderfully as usual. She explained to a nursing student that the reason she comes to the clinic is because she has cancer. It tears my heart apart everytime I hear her say that. She sat and chatted and made a building with blocks telling the nursing student about her port, Cooper, my rib breaking and me not being able to hold babies and on and on. She is always pretty easy to chit chat one on one with a woman.

Then we were off to the hospital to visit C.J. I had explained to ViviAnne that C.J. now has cancer too and he has a port and will be going to the clinic to see Dr. Ayyanar. She responded with "that's crazy!" I then explained that he too would be getting his port done by Francis (ViviAnne's FAVORITE nurse) and she then got this very serious look on her face and said, "No, not Francis I don't want to share Francis".

C.J. looked good. He was still nervous when we first walked in but once he figured out we weren't there to poke him or listen to him he sat up and smiled and teased his Mommy. It was nice to see him smile! ViviAnne brought him a sucker and he shared some chewies with her. It is great that they have one another. Crappy that it has to be like this.

Oh yeah. Friday Morning Cooper was supposed to go spend the day at Papa's shop because Kim was going with ViviAnne and I to the clinic. WELL he was sick. So Brent stayed home with him and played "Catch the vomit". I personally think he is a hero for taking on that job. Cooper wants his Daddy when he is sick though. They are snuggle buddies. Brent said the first vomit played out like this. He and Cooper were laying in bed, snuggling of course, when Cooper looked over at Brent and said, "Oh no!" Brent grabbed a towel to catch it just in time for Coop to throw up on Brent's arm. Poor guys! Needless to say we kept ViviAnne and Cooper seperated for the day. At around lunch time Cooper turned the corner and has been fine ever since.

I am trying to think positive. The weather is supposed to warm up and so my kids will get healthy and we can get back to a normal life until counts drop again which will hopefully not be for a very, very long time.

No comments: