Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ViviAnne is doing well...

Written by Mommy

Sunday ViviAnne perked up. She has been VERY talkative all week and is giggling and the mood swings are not too terrible as of today. The come off of steroids is almost as bad as when she is on them. She had more hunger with this round of steroids than the last and Monday I pulled the plug on only letting her eat chicken fingers and salads. That is all she wanted this steroid round and I learned early on to not fight the cravings just allow her to eat it because it won't last forever. So now she eats normally just more than she normally eats. (Did ya follow that?)

But it has been nice having her smile again and giggle and do silly things just to ask me, "Do you think this is funny, Mom?" She is like her Daddy in that way. Do something funny to make others laugh and smile and to be the center of the attention. They both always make me smile. We've been making cookies everyday to keep busy in doors. Even though her counts were up on Friday I am not taking any chances. We've got 3 weeks left of heavy chemo and we are doing everything within our powers to keep her healthy and even seeking the higher power with prayer on the matter as well.

She is okay with being bald now. It took her a couple of days to get there. She kept telling me that she and I don't match any more. And saying she wanted me to cut my hair. It was hard watching her try to put it all together. She'd walk into a room and say, "What do ya think about my hair?" with a smile on her face of course. And we would smile and say how beautiful she is. We explained hair is merely an accessory. And actually she does look great! Her complexion and shape of her head look angelic! She is our little Christmas angel! 

Cooper had some issues with her going bald as well. He walked over to the trash can on Friday night and tried to pick her hair up and he said, "Nooooo, SISSY'S! No No Sissy's!" And then walked over to her and hugged her. It was everything I could do not to cry. But that was really it with him. She is still Sissy to him no matter what, he doesn't even give her bald head a second glance. You can tell he is glad to have her a little back to normal and not just laying on the couch and telling him, NO. 

Friday all of this goodness is going to be taken away from us again. So I have been trying my best to cherish every moment this week. Knowing it won't last but loving it while it does. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL! Vivianne, you are beautiful.