Friday, December 12, 2008

Chemo Delayed

Written by Mommy

My Mom and I took ViviAnne to the clinic today to begin her second round of Delayed Intensification. Well, she didn't. Her ANC was only 540 and it had to be at least 750 to proceed with her Chemo. So she has to wait a week and be rechecked to see if counts are up. If they are then she will proceed if not then we will wait again. What does all this mean? Two weeks with no chemo as of now? No one knows. Could be absolutely nothing in the big scheme of things or could mean something. No one knows now and will never really know. It is not uncommon for this to happen but I've never read or heard anything about what delaying means for the long haul, because I don't think they know. "One day at a time" is really rearing its head again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello ! I am wishing you all a very happy Christmas from England. I am sure this year it will be very special just being together as a family. I guess you guys have just recently had thanksgiving, which of course we don't have over here and I am sure you gave thanks for ViviAnne's continued battle against this most monstrous disease.

So I wish you peace, love and a better new year.

with lotsa love
Vivianne
P.s. Tell ViviAnne I think she looks stunning with her new look it makes her eyes look huge! Something most models would be very jealous about!