Friday, December 26, 2008

Quick Update

ViviAnne and I went to the hospital today. She got to see a resident she had during her initial visit and who is truly a wonderful lady. So that was a bonus. But that is pretty much where the bonuses end. Now it wasn't as dreadful as that sounds. Counts were down and so she needed a blood transfusion. But they were able to proceed with chemo as planned, so that is good. She will go back to the hospital on Monday to recheck her counts because with this weekend long chemo we are doing at home, her counts should drop more and they are concerned she will need a platelet transfusion. SO we will go Monday to see.

 The exact words were, "Well I'm not going to tell you for sure that I think she will cause then she won't nor am I going to say she won't cause then she will. But whatever the case we don't want her bleeding on you." My response was, "Yeah, that would not be good." So we are home and she has a bit of a headache but she is eating and that is good. 

1 comment:

christyboh said...

She looks so cute in her Christmas outfit! I wish we could have seen you all over Christmas, but completely understand why we couldn't. Jindy and I still think about you all the time.