Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Toe Update

Written by Mommy

Her toe is fine! She woke up from her nap and exclaimed "My boo boo is all better." and was walking and tip toeing around for the remainder of the day. Now she still would shriek, "Oh no my toe!" if Cooper would walk near her and she didn't want him to but whatever.

Last night ViviAnne and I were having "girl time" before bed and she was brushing my hair. And she began telling me that her hair falls out. So I told her it was going to have to fall out so she could feel better. And she said "Yeah, it's cause of my port." I teared up to think that she is so wise beyond her years. She didn't seem upset about her hair just matter of fact and she is so excellent with her port, she can't stand when the nurses call it "Charlie". It's like the port has replaced her bump, it is her little friend she carries with her.

We have noticed she has bad dreams. She used to have night terrors in the hospital and once we got out but now she is having more of dreams than terrors. And now they are about snakes and last night I could tell by what she was saying in her sleep that it was about not wanting to poop on the potty. I suppose every child has bad dreams, I  am just relieved it isn't about the hospital any more. (Oh I don't know where the snake idea came from. Other than when I am stressed or scared I dream about snakes too. I HATE those things.) But all in all she is doing well and is a typical little 3 year old. 

On a side note, Cooper. Cooper and his ability to read ViviAnne is uncanny. Yesterday when she was only interested in sitting with her foot up on a pillow he crawled up into her bed right next to her and we read books for 30 minutes straight. Now for those of you who don't know Cooper the only time he sits still for longer than 10 minutes is when he is asleep or eating. SO this amazed me. And he sat with her again to read books before nap time for another 30 minutes.  Also, I've noticed that sometimes when it comes to toys he will stand his ground and fight for them unless she really is not feeling well or having an off day and then he backs down, like he instinctively knows now is not the time to mess with her. His care and love for her is far older than his mere 19 months. He is just too sweet and funny
.

No comments: