Saturday, March 26, 2011

Another E.R. visit...why not

So Viv has been running high fevers since Thursday evening. Like upwards of 103. YIKES! And then on Friday she complained of her neck hurting in the back. I figured, oh a krick in her neck. I felt her neck and yes she had swollen lymphnodes but she is supposed to right? Well, Saturday MORE fevers and more complaining of neck pain to the point of unable to move it without Motrin or Advil. So after having a panic attack and multiple calls to my Mom, who is a nurse with vested interest, it was decided I should call the doctor. So I called her regular pediatrician. She wanted her to go to the E.R to check for strep and Minigitious. Given her recent history she just did not want to sit on it till Monday. So off we went!

No strep, no need for a Spinal Tap to check for Minigtious, thank goodness. The doctor did note VERY LARGE swollen lymphnodes in her neck. Only her neck. (Yuck, that is exactly like last time. I have been in knots even since the high fever spike!) The doctor went on and did a CBC. The moment of truth was coming. And thankfully she is fine. Her WBC's and ANC were very high but the Doctor said they are supposed to be. With Lymphnodes that large her body is obviously fighting off something, not strep though, so High Counts are too be expected even wanted. I had to have the doctor explain it to me. I knew how it all worked but this has not been our normal. Too high of counts has always been bad. Now, it is good. It isn't that I think the Doctor at the E.R. is wrong, because I know she is not, but it seems too good to be true. What? We dodge the bullet? The other shoe isn't gonna come falling through the clouds? I can breathe? Are you sure? I mean are really sure? But it's true. She is normal and sick and fine. Still gonna do a round of antibiotics to play it safe but other than that she's good to go!

So I know she is fine. And I had a couple of hours to pray and get myself chilled out before we actually left for the E.R and I was sure in my gut that she had not relapsed. Okay, so that evil 5% was there but I was 95% sure she was not facing relapse. That even though the past two nights have been flash backs to what it was like 3 years ago, this time we are not headed for a 4 month long journey of trying to figure out what is wrong. This time she is normal, sick kid.

Still gonna see the oncologist this week anyway but that was already scheduled. So I'm gonna sleep tonight. At least until she wakes me up with a fever again. Ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How is she doing now? We had 3 wx of illness, beginning w' pneumonia and ending w' a viral illness. It was unrelenting and then after that, reared its head again for a couple days (2 wx out)! Praying you all don't pass it around & that little Miss ViviAnne is on the mend sooooon! So happy she is in remission. I can only imagine the joy you feel! I am sure anything can take you back to her being diagnosed. Praying for you all and that you rest in HIS HOPE and promises. ITB!!! Shannon Joe