Monday, September 13, 2010

August Update

Well August was a full month! Viv recovered from her end of Julychemo round during the first part of August. Then as the month went on we geared up for her return to Pre-K and her 5th Birthday. She had a wonderful pool party with lots of friends and family and the cake she designed herself!! It was a lot of fun making her cake for her andgetting to celebrate her turning 5. One of the best parts of her party was when she opened a pair of jeans given to her by Grandma Susie and she said in her best drama queen voice and hand motions, "Oh I hope those aren't skinny jeans!" It made the party I think! Justgoes to show she is always paying attention.

Speaking of things "stylish" that is Viv's newest thing. She wants to be stylish and asks after getting dressed if she looks
"stylish". She changes clothes about 4 times a day and won't wear a dress to school because it does not look good with her tennis shoes that she has to wear for school. Maybe when the weather gets cooler she will with her leggings. We'll see if she finds that stylish?!

The end of August she had her FINAL spinal tap! She did just fine. It took a long time to get the both Doctors and Chemo and Nurse all there at the same time so it was about noon when they started and she was so hungry and thirsty that she just became very grumpy. I can't really say that I blame her. It was so weird to think that I was watching her get her last spinal tap. I even have a hard time saying it was her FINAL spinal tap because it just seem possible. Plus it seems like if I say it and really believe it than it won't be true.That is will somehow jinx it. I know others think I should have been bouncing up and down with the fact that she has had her last spinal tap but it just is too scary to think about. That other shoe might just drop if I do.

School has been going
along nicely and Coop is going to the same preschool as her this year. It is nice to have them both at the same place. He is doing great and getting all stickers when he is there. Right now it is about getting him used to being in a school and to like school, which he does. He has shot up in height! He is 41" and only about 1" shorter than Viv. They really do look like twins now. Her hair is just about the same length as his now and so I get that my sons are cute and then they'll stop and so, "Oh, I mean son and daughter" cause 9 times out of 10 she is in a skirt or dress or pink.

One more Vincristine push to go the end of September. One more round of awful steroids and then she is done. Just done. Some people have asked me what I'm gong to do with no more chemo and I just draw a complete blank. I guess we'll all find out the answer to that question together.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The party was a blast. It was great to look at her and see the joy knowing the past couple birthdays have been iffy especially #3, poor thing. She has come along way. I was also thinking about her first birthday and her first steps toward Emily. smiles smiles smiles.