Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update

I know it has been a long time since an update but I am having a hard time finding the time to write an update that is worthy of posting. So, here it goes.

Last Monday ViviAnne started Pre-K! How exciting?! She is doing wonderfully in school and seems to be adjusting well. On her very first day of school I asked her if she wanted Mommy to drop her off or walk her to her classroom. There was a rather long and silent pause from her to which I knew she was giving it some serious thought. Then, to my surprise, she answered back, “I want you just to drop me off.” I was floored. I explained to her what that meant and she said back, “I know I know I want you to drop me off.” So I did. Except she did forget to grab her backpack on the way out of the car so I did have to get out to give it to her and she was in serious, school mode. Actually I think she was overwhelmed and a little scared but the point is she did not say a WORD or even look around she just kept her eyes straight ahead and walked towards the doors with her teacher. I was standing there waving and saying, “Bye, ViviAnne, bye honey” and she never turned around or anything. I think the only thing she could hear was her heart beat and own breathing at that point because the teacher had to lead her with her hand on her shoulder. I, on the other hand, heard nothing but her silence and my heart breaking. I returned home to tell Brent what had happened and he just smiled this understanding smile for me but proud smile for her. Then Cooper and I went to my Moms and I told her and cried. I was that Mom standing in the carpool lane, blocking it even, begging for their child to wave. For the next two days she did not say good bye to me when she got out. Then on Thursday I heard her little voice say, “Bye, Mommy!” And I turned and looked over my shoulder to see her turned around and waving. I nearly wrecked the van as I arched my back to wave and yell, “Bye HONEY!”

Tuesday was ViviAnne’s 4th Birthday. She had a wonderful day and even came over to me at my Mom’s house while we were getting ready for dinner and gave me a hug and said, “I really do like my Birthday, Mommy.” She had gotten a bit sassy early so I think she thought I was upset with her. I was with the sass but not with her for the day or anything. She received a Pink Soccer Ball from my Mom for her birthday which she was so excited about she stopped opening the present when she realized what it was and started to jump up and down and squeal. I guess she liked it?! I had to finish taking the wrapping paper off. She had decided though that she was NOT 4 until after she blew out her candles on her cake. So the next day at school she was on the playground throwing her hands in the air while yelling, “I’m 4 now! I’m 4 now!” Too funny.

Friday ViviAnne missed school for treatment. She did not want me in the room while they pricked her finger for her blood tests. She instructed me to stand in the hall. She could see me because basically I stood in the doorway but that was where she wanted me. She looked at the tech and said, “I’m 4 now so I am a big girl.” She did not cry when they took her port out this time but you could tell she was trying REALLY hard not to. She just laid her head on my just and wimpered a little bit.

She was diagnosed with a sinus infection while there and they also informed me that, yet again, her counts are too high! CRAP!! What does this mean?! She can’t have her 6MP pill increased (that is her daily meds) it is already at 100%. They can still increase Methotrexate and Vinchristine but those are the MORE toxic drugs so I’d rather not, but if that is what HAS to be done then we will. They are gonna wait and see what next month brings. They also ran a count on her IGG. It is a part of her immune system they can increase for fear it may be too low. So they told me not to be surprised if I get a call to bring her in for an IV drip in 2 weeks. We shall see. I have no idea how a low IGG and a high ANC go together but I do plan on calling and asking this week. I am just a tad nervous about these high counts, AGAIN!

She is tired and emotional this round of steroids. No real hunger yet but the tired part hit pretty much the day after treatment. But with school and a sinus infection and CHEMO who wouldn’t be tired. I’d want to just crawl in a hole with all that. But she treads on and is very excited about school this week too.

I’ll update about IGG and high ANC as I get the info. I will even post some pics from school and birthday.

No comments: