Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kosair Video featuring ViviAnne

Written by Daddy

Over a year ago, I filled in for our business/marketing manager at a GLI event; not 100% sure what I was getting into.  The event was a nice lunch and quickly turned into one of those 5 minute marketing things.  Like speed dating for marketers.  You trade two minute commercials and contact information with the person across from you.  Someone rings a bell and they are gone and another person sits down and you go again.  If I had known this, I would not have gone.  Anyway, the bell rang and a vibrant lady sat down who seemed to have this down pat.  She did her thing, I did mine, the bell rang, we shook hands and she went on her way. 

Fast forward to mid July this year and we meet again in the corridor of 7West.  She has a little boy who is now 8 and was diagnosed with ALL about a week or so prior to ViviAnne.  We have since ran into each other about a dozens times in treatment, at the hospital or at events like Light the Night.  We try to keep up with each other’s progress and make sure each others little ones are still doing okay.  Her son’s name is Noah and he just got released recently from a week long stay in the hospital.  Please keep Noah and his family in your thoughts and prayers.  They had a rough week. 

Noah’s mom sent me a link to this video recently.  It brought back a lot of bad feelings and emotions I had a few months ago.  But it also brought back one of the emotional moments Kristen and I had the first night we spent at 7West.  We agreed that we would never say this isn’t fair and that she doesn’t deserve this.  Because no child deserves this yet there were dozens asleep on that 7West that night and tonight who were dealt this hand.  I don’t know how well we have kept with that but this video reminded me of our attempt.  After much discussion between Kristen and I and a couple of weeks of letting our original emotions surrounding this video subside we want to share it with you all. 

http://norton.cachefly.net/JFK_CHF/support_chf.html

No comments: