Saturday, August 9, 2008

How we spent Thursday

Written by Grammaw (Brent's Mom)

I've heard survivors of cancer say that they were happy they had cancer, that it changed their life in a good way. Well, I can't imagine thinking anything good about cancer right now, maybe if it were me with the cancer instead of my granddaughter I might be more open to that thought. But, I do understand the sentiment. You appreciate good days more and today was a GREAT day.
Since ViviAnne's ANC was up to 5400, Kristen decided to take her and Cooper to the zoo today. They stopped by my house to get sunscreen and I invited myself along. Content to ride in the stroller with Cooper, ViviAnne took in all the animal sightings, enjoyed the mist along the way to cool us off, and even got out to see the baby elephant. The highlight of the trip was the train ride. I heard a noise and turned around to hear our sweet baby giggle and yell out as we went through the tunnel. How I've missed those happy sounds!!

As fun as the zoo was, mac and cheese was still the topic of the day. We met Great Grandmother for lunch and came back to Grammaw's house for naps. Naps didn't go so well, but ViviAnne had not forgotten Grammaw's promise to make green dip (benedictine cheese) using the cucumbers out of the garden. Things didn't turn out so well, because the top flew off of the food processor and benedictine flew all over the
kitchen.








I take that back it turned out GREAT - ViviAnne laughed. We all laughed!! And cleaned green cheese off the walls, cabinets and floor for 40 minutes. There was just enough left in the processor for Aunt Stacey to make ViviAnne's "sammich". After all that, she didn't even like it! I think I'll buy it at the grocery next time. I think Mommy (Kristen) had fun today and relaxed a little by laughing at Grammaw! Only Cooper cried, he couldn't figure out what his crazy family was doing screaming and covered in green cheese!!

Like I said it was a GREAT day and I am thankful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a great story..One you could picture even without the pictures..I read it with Stacey next to me..We talked about today, the emotions and dear sweet little Vivianne..I am thinking positive thoughts for her and all of you. And bless Stacey for all the energy she shares with y'all.

Anonymous said...

that note was from Stacey's neighbor Kelly. I'm not good at this..so I guess I am doing it wrong.

Anonymous said...

ViviAnne is so beautiful and strong! Isn't it funny how green goo can bring a smile to your heart? Thank goodness for days like that! I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing this blogspot with me. Kim and Stacey, let's get together sometime. Email me at autumn.miles@spencer.kyschools.us.
Your friend, Autumn Miles

Jana T. Hickey said...

Kenzie had shared this with me (Dominic's Mom). This is such a beautiful sharing. Finding joy in the simple things is very important. Sounds like Vivianne - and the rest of you - had a perfect day!

Know that there are many of us sending hope for each of you!

Anonymous said...

Being a grandmother too, I understand the absolute joy of spending quality time with your little ones. I pray for your entire family every day and have shared your situation with my church family as well. We are all looking forward to the day when ViviAnne will be completely healed.

Anonymous said...

thank GOD for the laughter...even if it comes in the form of green goo splattered all over the kitchen:) Glad you all had a good day! jenny & eric