Monday, November 8, 2010

Four weeks with no CHEMO...


So far so good. She had her counts checked and there was no sign of Cancer. Just typing that makes my stomach do a flip flop. It is wonderful and scary all together. I find myself in a place that is familiar to me. A place in which I do not want to reside. It is that place of feeling your insides spin and your shoulders up around your ears and feeling like you might implode. I have no real cause for being there now. She is doing fine. Fear is the driving force behind those feelings and I do not want to live in fear. I've lived in fear for a long time. It is now my time and my families time to not have me there. So I do not dwell there. I allow myself to feel the fear for a moment but then I get back up quickly and get moving on out of there.

She is scheduled to have her port removed on Wednesday! It is the last physical element to saying we are done! This aspect is both a relief and scary. But in all honesty she has outgrown it so regardless it needs to come out.

Physically she is doing great. Emotionally and physically not so much. She is tearful and overwhelmed with sadness each day. She is having to figure out how to play in groups larger than 2 people. She would tell me daily, "It is just too hard, Mommy. I don't know how." Which she doesn't she has been sheltered and her little mind does not process really fast right now and knowing how to play with more than 1 person at a time is a learned thing. I think as adults we take that type of learning process for granted. But when your 5 year old comes home upset daily from Pre-K that it is just "too hard" to play with multiple people it is heart breaking. We are working on it. I have to remind myself that she is behind and can be caught up and Rome was not built in a day. Cancer was not beaten in a day. It was a long 2+years and recovering from it will take time. Her immune system will take a full 6 months to recover as well.

We are dealing with insurance issues as well. Seriously, fighting cancer isn't enough?! Come on, Humana, get it together! We live right outside of Louisville, you are a Louisville based company how are you NOT covering ANY University of Louisville Doctors?! It baffles me! But I'm working on it. We shall see. I am not gonna get on my soap box about insurance. That could be its very own blog for me!!

OH!! We went to FLORIDA Last week!! AWESOME!!! Make-A-Wish and Give Kids the World are INCREDIBLE!!! I am going to write a post all about it! Hopefully this week. I want to post pics too! When we told the kids that it was our last day in Florida and that tomorrow we would be going home Viv replied, "Yeah, cause we have to get back to our real life cause this is just our dream life." And that pretty much summed up the week.

Happy Fall!

15 comments:

Michelle Merimee said...

She looks amazing! I didn't notice it at dance but her face is thining out already. Happy No port day on Wednesday. If you are bored come say hello, we will be DT Norton.

KLB said...

Oops. I meant Emotionally and SOCIALLY she is not doing so great! I was typing fast while on hold with insurance.
Kristen

priya raaj said...

Thanks for sharing such an appreciative post.

Marvin Garden said...

Thank u...i feel so amazed to read..she is really physically talented girl...nice one

Pharmacy dropshipping said...

yes this post really appriciate to share all ones. such stronger she work

Pharmaceutical Supplier  said...

Thanks for sharing the post. It was really helpful. One must be strong enough to fight any kind of disease.

Michael Jones said...

Online assignment help services create a platform to students, who do not have enough time, with writers, who after years of academic success may end of working in retail and not using the knowledge earned at all. These online assignment services help both students and writers.
Java Assignment help

Rozana Spokesman said...

Rozana Spokesman is one of the best Punjabi newspaper, cover the news of sports, politics, national news and also cover the international news.

punjab news in punjabi
punjab news
No.1 Punjabi newspaper | Ajit Newspaper | Punjabi Jagran | Jag Bani

Stefan Carl said...

Assignment writing work is very important and very authentic work. It needs a high knowledge of the subject. Students assignment help offers this assignment writing service from its experts on UK assignment help that provide assignment writing help service by 24*7.

Harmony Cremation said...

Caring and experienced staff of Harmony Cremation will help you in your difficult time. We will provide different personalized services to fulfill your loved ones desires. Plan ,a personal tribute, Tribute video, Funeral fund donation, Pre plan funeral to ease the burden of your loved ones we will here to guide you carefully to make any decision in this challenging time.
Funeral services
Cheap funeral Huntley IL

Assignment help said...

To complete your assignment, I would suggest you to take help of experts from ( GetAssignmenthelponline.com ) They have very knowledge of helping students in completing their assignments. Good and 100% original content is provided by their experts. So, Check them out for more information.


Strena Muicar said...

getassignmenthelponline.com is the world’s best online assignment services provider. They do as they say on the time So you can take help with any academic consultation orAssignment Help . Our team of get assignment help online is always ready to serve according to your needs at any given time.

Anonymous said...

Click here to read this article from shipfever.com

Nicola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zarkazijar said...

Thank you for sharing amazing blog post, found it very useful. Looking forward to more of your useful post. Check how to get ptdf scholarship past questions