Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update from Mommy








ViviAnne is in her second week of Delayed Intensification phase. She will receive another round of DOX and Vinchristine this Friday at OMO because the clinic is closed for Thanksgiving. She was really out of sorts yesterday. She was combative and very agitated. Of course during the middle of it I was losing my patience thinking, "What is with her today." That is one of the many difficulties with her being so young and not being able to express how she is really feeling. And usually it is after the fact that I catch on. Which is filling me with guilt for not picking up on things as quickly as I think I should. Today she is just tired acting. Quiet at times and siting a lot too. Hopefully she is okay and just having a rough couple of days, I'd hate for something bad to come knock her down and put her in the hospital. That being said, we have home bound ourselves since the start of this phase because of all the people out and about this time of year and the flu and strep throat and....I could go on and on. The kids and I are already getting a bit stir crazy but that to shall pass. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

christyboh said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving. I hope we get to see you all over Christmas.

Make a difference said...

These are great pictures!

I think you will like this and may want to post a blog or share with friends about it before the holiday shopping season is over. It is called www.nonprofitshoppingmall.com and it is essentially philanthropic shopping in that a percent of your every sale goes to the nonprofit group of your choice.

This month they are featuring Children's Miracle Network! They have an available widget which once downloaded will automatically direct any sales made on your computer to any of their 250-plus retailers without you having to remember the website.

You can download this at: http://nonprofitshoppingmall.com/people-who-care/childrens-miracle-network

I am really excited about this because I know how much Children's Miracle Network does for kids (and their families)living with terminal diseases.

This model is just such an easy way to give support to this phenomenal group. Especially during the holidays.

Please enjoy and pass along.

Thank you and god bless.

brent said...

Re: The previous comment.
I am not sure who posted the above comment nor can I comment on its legitimacy. I would hope that the claims are accurate and in good faith but I must caution our dear friends and family that it may not be the case. Please be careful.
Thank you all for your continued support.

Brent